OnStepX Blinking LED, tracking ON state

Drew 🔭📷🚴‍♂️

There are a couple of states where the tracking is ON but the LED does not blink.

Webserver, Unpark after initial startup state = At home, tracking off. Status screen shows Not Parked, Tracking ON.

Webserver, turn tracking ON after initial startup state. Status screen shows Not Parked, Tracking ON.

Howard Dutton

I think this is fixed now.

Both mount.enable() and mount.tracking() should start the mount status LED.  Only tracking() was wired in.  Again, note the OnStepX Mount status LED feature will disable the Telescope status LED feature (if on the same pin) when tracking is enabled for the first time.

I enabled the Telescope status LED and forgot the Mount status at first...  it was flashing a sequence of 4 blinks due to TLS (date/time) failure as the DS3231 was enabled but I pulled the module.  Once I connected with Sky Planetarium it turned solid on (showing everything is ok) as the date/time was then set.  Once I enabled the Mount status LED the tracking on and un-park started that Mount status LED as expected.

The parked condition did not show the park location at boot as it should though, so I have another issue to take care of soon, but this is enough for tonight.

Drew 🔭📷🚴‍♂️

As always thanks for your prompt response. I will test it in the morning.

Howard Dutton

Edited

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 05:33 PM, Drew 🔭📷🚴‍♂️ wrote:
I will test it in the morning.
Sounds good.

More changes this morning:

If the date/time isn't known at startup OnStep/OnStepX will not show the park position if the mount was parked during the prior session.

Recently that was corrected for the case of GPS and it'll show that park position (later if still parked) once it has the date/time fix.  I added code that does the same but with the set date/time commands.  So again once it knows the date/time were set it'll show the park position (if parked.)

I also noticed the status LED wasn't showing gotos and fast slews (above 2x) properly.  It should go solid on in those cases.
If not tracking, it's off.
If tracking, it blinks at a rate proportional to the fastest tracking rate of Axis1 and Axis2.

All of that should be working now.

Drew 🔭📷🚴‍♂️

I am getting this fatal error compiling. I am pretty sure it is not me.

In file included from sketch\src\telescope\mount/coordinates/Transform.h:10,
                 from sketch\src\telescope\mount/Mount.h:10,
                 from sketch\src\telescope\Telescope.cpp:12:
c:\users\sheba\appdata\local\temp\arduino_build_491502\sketch\src\telescope\mount\site\site.h:54:10: error: extra qualification 'Site::' on member 'updateTlsStatus' [-fpermissive]
     void Site::updateTlsStatus();
          ^~~~

Howard Dutton

Copy/paste error.  Didn't remove the class qualification.  Compiled fine for the Teensy anyway. :)

Fixed now.