Re: Current beta config file changes..

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 11:01 PM, John Scherer wrote:
First, I don't see "Define MaxRate" anywhere.
The MaxRate is now calculated internally depending on the microcontroller used.
You can still specify MaxRate, so your configuration is backward compatible.

I also see "define STEP_WAVE_FORM SQUARE".
This is one of the 'exotic' parameters that you would not really need.

They were discussed in this thread

https://github.com/hjd1964/OnStep/issues/106

Howard tested it and it worked, but I never bothered to. Not sure if anyone else tried it to see if there is tangible improvement.

I'm sure there are other new settings, but I can't seem to find and posts mentioning these changes.  Are the new features in the current beta documented anywhere?
Not really.

But you can get a list of all the changes using the command in the Changelog section on the project page

https://github.com/hjd1964/OnStep