Re: Can I use OnStep to control my telescope from a laptop with stellarium?

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 12:20 PM, Howard Dutton wrote:
I fear changing the timeout to something longer will play havoc with the Android App, ASCOM, etc.  And I'm not about to go through re-working those.

Probably a better solution would be to add another command channel server on a different port (to the WiFi Addon) and use that for those applications that need it.
The master branch WiFi add-on now has a second command channel on port 9998.  This channel stays open indefinitely as long as comms traffic is present, when traffic stops it times out in two minutes.  Again, this shouldn't be used with my App or ASCOM.  You can open Telnet and talk to OnStep no problem though. :)

Mostly interested to see if INDI over IP can be made to work now.