Re: New Dob Owner

John K.

I have updated the design of the base pulley again, and I will use PETG this time to print it..  The main reason is that it was slipping and turning freely.  I tighened up the the nut, but it kept on happening.  I have never printed nylon before.  If I have any problems with the PETG, I will give it a try.

The new design has a larger footprint that mates up to the lower base, and I also added 4 bolts around the center that will keep it in solidly in place.  I will add some pictures when I have printed it.

I also went through several designs for the Alt stepper mount.  I think I have one that will work well.  I am printing that now.

I have also printed the Az stepper mount in PETG.

One of the great things about 3D printing is the ability to rapidly update designs.