Re: Affordable Tripod Mounts for Onstep Steps

George Cushing

I have a bin of CG-5s, I generally try to get $85 for the average mount. Without a tripod or counter weight. Sell about 3 a year, mostly to Eastern Europe. Even with the 11# weight I can ship them in a Large Flat Rate box. A basic tripod like the Vixen AL130 runs $35.  So I can sell one for $50 less than the close out LX70. BTW the LX70 is the mount formally known as the CG-5. The LX70 has a tripod that sells used for $125-150. Buy one, sell the tripod, get a AL130 and have a mount that will deal with a compact 20# payload for under a hundred.