Re: Affordable Tripod Mounts for Onstep Steps

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 07:34 PM, Howard Dutton wrote:
So about $200, give or take, vs.. $950?  Unless there's a cheaper CEM25 I really don't see your point.
The way I read simingx's point is: something that works out of the box, and does not involve the DIY effort.
That is all good when someone has the budget, and does not want to invest time and effort in DiY.

So, in this case, I agree with Howard, as it looks like overall cost is the main factor for Debjyoti, even if it involves DIY.

Anything less than the LX70 is a waste of effort, since they will not be able to carry a load and perform with acceptable precision.

Now, whether the LX70 is available in Debjyoti's country, or will incurr exorbitant shipping and custom, is another factor entirely.