Re: Encoders

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 03:42 PM, --Oz-- wrote:

I routinely get 0.25arc/sec RMS guided on my G11 (PEC-OFF with good atmosphere), almost always under 0.5. I have used PemPro and uploaded to my mount, gut it seems my autoguiding maid it unnecessary.
Yeah, that is correct.
With autoguiding on a low PE mount, all the other tricks are not necessary: that includes PEC, Encoders for tracking rate, Fully Compensated Tracking, ....etc. They are all superceded by autoguiding.

That is one of the reasons I am recommending plain steppers, in addition to making it overall a simpler conversion.