Re: Encoders

--Oz--

On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 05:04 PM, Howard Dutton wrote:
If high speeds are a goal you should look at the limitations of the microcontrollers you plan to use
Its not my goal, but if its going to be 2 degrees/sec or less, that might be a slight bummer. Servo motors have a much higher speed range compared to steppers in general, but there is a few factors (gearing/motor-kv/voltage/etc)

For the arduino pro mini, do I want the 3v or 5v version (to use with the blue pill kit)? The stm32 is 3.3v, but its 5V tolerant, so i am guessing i could use either, correct? Of does it come down to powering them or? TIA