Re: ci700

--Oz--

Regarding steppers, thanks for the 0.9 degree motors! I have never seen these before (only down to 1.8 degree), but I don't play with them much.
You mention low inductance. Since the ci700 is a step above the cge/lxd75 mounts in terms of payload weight capability, I figure go slightly larger (only a couple bucks more each, same size and only 8mm longer).
If you look at the comparisons, the slightly larger one has 1/3rd the inductance/resistance and about twice the current.

But what I am not sure is the voltage, the one you pointed out is 5.4v, but I am thinking your running them at 12v, correct?
The lower inductance is rated at 2.8v, would this work at 5V or 12V? (I have many 5/12V power supplies already and buck converts to get any voltage).
Motors here:
https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/nema-17-stepper-motor/nema-17-bipolar-0-9deg-36ncm-51oz-in-0-9a-5-4v-42x42x40mm-4-wires.html
https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/Dual-Shaft-Nema-17-Bipolar-09deg-44Ncm-6248ozin-168A-28V-42x42x48mm-4-Wires.html?search=Nema%2017%20Bipolar%200.9deg