Re: 3D Printed Star Tracker Design

tomofreno2000

The mount John posted looks elegant. Could have a lot of fun with that setup. The split ring or horseshoe mount works well for small scopes but gets unwieldy and difficult to transport for larger scopes. Also requires a large storage space. I designed a similar mount for a 10" scope a number of years ago, made of Aluminum. The idea was to use it for AP at dark sky sites.  The RA disk was 24" O.D. I abandoned it because it was looking too heavy and awkward to load up to transport to dark sky sites.