Re: ci700

--Oz--

@ simingx@...
2:41am
Thanks, perfect info. Its sorta sad with 4 decades of electric motor use (mostly racing), I dont have much stepper motor experience.
I see microstep rates upto 256, generally, what rates are you guys using?
Or is it the highest rating your driver can provide or even if you have a 256 driver you run it at some lower microstep setting or with testing you find the sweet spot (mount/gearing/motor/voltage) of speed and smoothness?

I do know about low inductance and higher voltage :) , In this project, I got a 3mm magnet ball to spin 3.8Mrpm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQE05T-3680
Of course the next day testing I get to  3,808,800 RPM, 63,480 RPS, 1338mph, 2153kph, 24.3M G's