Re: Encoders

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 07:04 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
Anyway you can see the slew rate limits below (3.3 deg/s at 24uS step rate which is as fast as an STM32 can go.)  If you use pulse mode (with its less "noise tolerant" step signaling) you can go 1.6x faster (~5.3 deg/s.)  Again, I don't know what those servo drivers can handle.
The STM32 can do 20 uS with everything connected (USB, App, Web page, SHC), and without separate microsteps slewing.
With a  microsteps slewing (1/4 vs. 1/16 for tracking), I am running at 16 uS with no issues. That is my day to day configuration.
I never tried pulse mode, simply because I get the speed I need without it (~ 2.9 deg/sec).