Re: Hello all.... possible CGE adopter here

Khalid Baheyeldin

Anecdotal info: the MPJA Vexta NEMA11 with 18:1 gear reduction has the following backlash:
RA: 117"
DE: 33"

All in all, they are 0.5 arc minute and ~ 2 arc minutes. No degrees there at all.

These are spur gears, but the motor was made in Japan, so maybe better than average?
Also, no idea why they are so different, nor which one is the typical value.

I was guiding with backlash enabled. On my list to do, if the sky ever clears, is to test
the "guide disable backlash" parameter in OnStep and see if there is any difference.