Re: Stepper motor mount for Losmandy GM-8

Howard Dutton

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 11:48 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
- Testing whether the resolution is better, that is much harder.
I think the thing to do is a test similar to the hack-a-day one but with more motors, more drivers, and torque loading similar to what moves my G11 around.  To that end I also ordered a 116 oz-in holding torque NEMA17 400 step motor as I feel it might turn out to be the best performer.  I could use a laser diode spot across the room/ruler to take angular measurements but probably will use my 200k count encoder instead since it'll be quicker and more accurate probably.  I can hack the WiFi addon to gather the measurements.