Re: ci700

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 02:22 PM, Howard Dutton wrote:
On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 09:48 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
Almost no one runs at 128 or 256, for torque reasons and angle accuracy reasons.
Almost everyone running the TMC5160, 2130, 2209, 2208, and 2100 takes advantage of 256x mode since the driver automatically interpolates lower modes to 256x for smooth vibration free motion.
What I meant is specifying 1/256 in the configuration file for OnStep, not interpolation: no one (I know) uses 1/256 for any driver model.

Again and anecdotal observation: I found no practical difference between TMC2130 and LV8729 when testing star trails. No model was better than the other tracking wise. The TMC2130 was quieter for sure, but the LV8729 won because of far less heat dissipation.

As the TMC5160 gets more popular, it could be the driver of choice, since it has all the features:
- high current (if needed)
- 256 interpolation
- low heat dissipation
- configurable from OnStep