SkyWatcher14- Debug help please

DaveGee

G'day,

I'm fitting a OnStep drive to a SkyWatcher 14" Dobsonian and I'm having trouble trying to debug the setup.

The circuit is based on the Solderless Breadboard/Teensy3.2. The circuit and the motors work fine - very smooth (and quiet compared to my old MelBartels GEM). The gearing is identical for both axis, so both axis have the same settings.  I'm sending commands from the Smartphone app. over Bluetooth.

I live west of Sydney Australia.

My initial testing gives a very strange slew.  Here is what I did.
- point scope at South Celestial pole.
- turn on power and connect via bluetooth.
- click Set date and time (correct info sent to Teensy)
- choose to align on RigelKent which should have been a 6 degree slew in Altitude, and a 30 degree slew in Azimuth.

However, the scope moved about right in Altitude, but it did a 400 degree slew on Azimuth!

I've a feeling there is a bug in my site coordinate and/or time settings.

I've attached screenshots from the smartphone app. showing my settings as well as my spreadsheet.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Regards
DaveGee
http://www.kuriwaobservatory.com