Re: Stepper motor mount for Losmandy GM-8

John Scherer

That 5 phase system is very nice, and the price it good I think, but from a price/performance position, the SERVI42B's is tough to beat.  The SERVO42 mounted on that 116 oz/in PKP246MD15A2 motor would have plenty of torque but I haven't looked closely enough at the SERVO42 to know if it could handle the current.  The other issue I have with my GM8 Stepper motor mount is the spacing between the motor and the mount is about 1mm with the PKP244MD08Bs I currently use, so I'll need to add spacing between the stepper bracket and the mount if I want to use motors longer than the PKP244MD08.