Re: Problems running properly OnStep on BluePill

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 04:36 AM, <gcoreos@...> wrote:
I tested with a separate RTC module and STM32 board as well but without any luck.
There was no point in doing this. We know that OnStep is working and it would never do so without a functioning RTC.

It turned out to be, possibly,  a software issue.
I rolled back to a previous version of the Arduino and STM32 programming platform and it worked just fine!
Now I am able to send commands and receive from the serial port as well.
That is good.
If you can do some more investigation (by upgrading one component at a time then testing) this should tell us which software and version is bad.
It would be nice to update the Wiki to say "version x.y of z is bad, do not use it.