Re: TMC2130 listings on ebay

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 06:37 AM, Ant No wrote:

What I'm asking is if it is possible to use a TMC2130 or other driver with SPI to change microstep rate on the fly?

Yes.

Not specifically in On-Step but in the way the SPI works on the drivers.

It used to be that OnStep had a limitation on changing the microstepping on the fly, but Howard has new code that makes this no longer a limitation for OnStep.

So, there is no reason why other applications can do the same (change microstepping over SPI for TMCxxxx drivers). You can point them to the commit log on Github for them to figure out how this is done.

A person in a different forum with a different application would like to be able to. I had an idea it was possible but I'm not sure.

Possible. See above.