Re: A couple of issues, I cannot find answers.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 10:16 PM, John Petterson wrote:

And I cannot find anywhere in the Android app or the web browser interface that lets me set the time, if there is a way to do that  please tell me where.

Since you have the Android app, you already have the easiest way to configure the location, UTC offset, date and time.

From the app's main screen, press the three dots on the top right.
Then select Observing Sites
Then press Use Current
Then press Upload
Don't forget that last step.

Then go to Initialize/Park
Press Set Date/Time

Done! Nothing to mentally calculate.

And one bit of good news - I found a few switches today and wired up a simple hand controller, it works fine.  It confused me at first because it kept going back and forth when I pressed the North button consecutively - until I figured out it was just going past due north and then going back past it again...  And again.

This is covered here

https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/7118