Re: A couple of issues, I cannot find answers.

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 10:37 PM, John Petterson wrote:
The most confusing thing about the longitude is that on the web browser it shows "Long. = +088*07".  When I get the location from the Ascom driver on the PC, it comes back as -88*07.  And gotos for the stars are off by 180 degrees - Kochab is below and to the left of Polaris right now according to the mount.
I can't comment on ASCOM, since I don't use it.
But OnStep assumes positive is West for longitude and negative is East.
East can also be greater than 180 degrees.

If you set the location from the app as I described, then ignore what everything else shows, and see if it slews correctly.