Feature wish - spiral search

thomas.westerhoff24@...

We have several telescopes with very long focal lengths at our observatory. Among other things we have a 10 inch "Kutter Schiefspiegler"  with 5 meters focal length, which we use for planet observation. Since we have only encoders with 2048 PPR in the axes, the twisted object is often not visible in the eyepiece. Here a spiral search would be very advantageous, which drives from the inside to the outside. When the object is visible, you can stop the search by pressing a button.
I don't know how much effort it would take to implement something like this, but it would be very good if this functionality would exist sometime.

--
Thomas Westerhoff
Kirchheim Observatory /Germany