Re: LV8729 and OnStep

Gilberto Nunes

Edited

Just as an update of thie thread, I have found this other thread in other forum site, for our reference:

There they said the formula for black driver.
Now I am nust than lost inf the dark here!

I hope someone can clarify me! Thanks! Regards

---
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira

Em sáb., 23 de mai. de 2020 às 11:59, Gilberto Nunes via groups.io <gilberto.nunes32=gmail.com@groups.io> escreveu:

Hi there

I about to change the driver step from DRV8825 to LV8729.
What kind of changes to I need to do in that spreadsheet in order to makethis driver work properly?
Currently I am using:
image.png

Do I need to change microsteps to 128 both in spreadsheat and in the config.h?

Other question is about the Vref.
I saw an old thread from Khalid(*), that the LV8729 there's two version: one with R100 and one with R220. Mine is R220, v1.0 and FYS write in the back of the driver.
My motors is a nema 17 4kgf 17hs4401. So apparently the rated current is 1.7.
That make wonder if the formula bellow is ok:

Vref = 1.7 * 1.1
Vref = 1.87

I hope I can learn more about this things ith you guys...

Thanks a lot

---
Gilberto Nunes Ferreira