Re: Failed to init device yet again

Gerry Byrne

Guys,
 I'm at a loss what to try next, apart from re-building the Onstep software.

I think I would like to eliminate potential technical problems first. For example, see the pictures of the Properties of my CP2101. I re-installed the drivers (again) and, even though properties (via Device Manager)  says the device is working perfectly (Pic1), looking under other headings appears to tell a different story.

(Pic2) Events tells me the device needs further installation and scrolling through the history here shows several instances of "device not migrated". (I re-installed this driver several times).

(Pic3) shows I have adjusted the Transmit and Receive settings downwards in an effort to achieve connection, to no avail. Is the FIFO setting correct? Under Power Management (no picture) the setting for turning this device off to save power remains unticked.

You guys are being really patient with me. I appreciate that very much.
Gerry

On 17/07/2020 00:54, Drew 🔭📷🚴 ♂ wrote:
On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 07:23 PM, Gerry Byrne wrote:
get exactly the same as it Pic1 earlier. The little box saying unknown board comes up.

Yes , that is what we want. The contents are immaterial, its presence tells us that the Arduino IDE is talking  to the chip. The bottom line is just showing you the hardware device that you selected. Change the device and it will change to match your selection.

--
Copernicus