Re: Periodic error in an eq3-2 mount on 60s exposures. #backlash

Matt

Hey guys, thank you for the replies! I recorded PEC while guiding manually last night and got 7 HFR stars on a 10 minute shot without guiding. I can certainly achieve 60s exposures with good enough stars. I'll try guiding again tonight because I used a camera with huge pixels and it was hard to center the star I was guiding on. Thanks again for the replies!

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020, 11:11 AM BJ Ranson <bjr21185@...> wrote:
@Graeme - very impressive, especially considering you have no guiding. Is this the stock tin-can motor with gears, or a new motor + conversion to belts?

@Rafael - thanks - I will check out those links. This hobby requires a lot of persistence, diligence and patience to get the best results. I guess that's what makes it so rewarding when you do get them.