Re: OnStep Configuration Generator lives on ...

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 04:47 AM, Howard Dutton wrote:
OnStep requires no additional values for the the TMC5160 vs. the TMC2130, if you don't specify the current it falls back to 600mA and OnStep provides a warning on compile.

And sure one should specify IRUN, but that's the only other option most need for decent performance.  If they want to mess around with IGOTO and IHOLD they're tuning and compiling/uploading/testing several times probably at that point and who cares then.
The default Config.h has all the I* parameters set to OFF.
If this works, with a compile warning, then I can add the TMC5160 without having to ask for the values for each of the I* values.
Should I?

I didn't look at the OCG and how you set this up... but it should would be nice to grab an Config.h file and turn it into a template then parse the file to insert the values.
That is exactly how I am doing it in this refresh/re-design. The values that will be set by the OCG are tokenized, and the OCG replaces those tokens.

The new format of the Config.h lends itself well to this. I have two Config.h templates, one for 3.16 and another for master.

The only thing I added is the two lines for the GPS serial port and baud rate. Nothing else was changed.

Of course, this is all a point in time thing, and if new variables are introduced I have to merge them (in the master template).