sticky Re: OnStep Configuration Generator lives on ...

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 08:38 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
I didn't look at the OCG and how you set this up... but it should would be nice to grab an Config.h file and turn it into a template then parse the file to insert the values.
That is exactly how I am doing it in this refresh/re-design. The values that will be set by the OCG are tokenized, and the OCG replaces those tokens.

The new format of the Config.h lends itself well to this. I have two Config.h templates, one for 3.16 and another for master.

The only thing I added is the two lines for the GPS serial port and baud rate. Nothing else was changed.

Of course, this is all a point in time thing, and if new variables are introduced I have to merge them (in the master template).
Nice!