From scrap metal to mount #celestron

tjoeki@...

Hi all

first of all thank you Howard for your efforts.

also to all others I see here across the boards giving advice sharing knowledge. What good is knowledge if you don’t share it.

i want to give special thanks to a friend of mine who, like you guys, is gifted with technical skills a brilliant mind and perseverance.

because of personal problems I had to sell my equipement a couple years back. All that remained was a CGEM, shorted control board crappy DC motors and a tolerance  in its gears, it look more on a shakerdeck from Parker Schnabel then a mount.
it was its weight worth in aluminum.

but Patrick my friend likes a challenge. So after spending €100,- in parts and stepper motors, a begin was made. a lot of time invested by Patrick his agreeable spous, the result is awesome.

the setup is a CGEM OnStep KD mount. (Kastelijns-Dutton 🤓)