Re: Getting started: maybe

Helmut Fritz

Thank you George.

I will see if I can find an LXD75 with dead electronics.

What about a lighter weight mount?  I currently only plan on a vry lightweight scope (80st, or 114mm or 130mm reflector or such) with a usb camera, or a dslr on its own.  EQ3 class probably the minimum for this?  does anyone have a reference where I can look up what is equivalent to EQ3?  i.e. for Celestron I think it is the CG4?

I have looked at a couple resources for making motor brackets, I think I can manage it just fine.

Thank you all for the encouragement and help so far.