Re: Odd behavior of temperature-compensated focuser

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 09:32 AM, Dave Schwartz wrote:
However, I still don't get it... the temperature didn't change between the instant when it was off until it was on so why such a massive movement?
In reality the movement wouldn't be "massive" since yours is an artificial test with settings no one is really going to use.

But this is due to the temperature compensation being relative to a fixed 10° C.  To get rid of that I'd have to change the focuser position when enabling (and disabling) to allow for the TC change.  Or make the compensation relative to whatever the telescope temperature is when TCF is enabled (and change the focuser position when disabling if we don't want it to move.)