Re: Linux build: unsubstantiated error message on upload

Dan Sawyer

Thanks. That is what I did. I was able to load it manually.

Your description makes sense. I will look into the script and see if it is editable. I will let you know if I am able to fix it.

Dan

On 9/15/20 7:22 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 10:15 PM, Dan Sawyer wrote:
/home/dan/Arduino/hardware/Arduino_STM32/tools/linux/stm32flash/stm32flash: No such file or directory
I have seen this, and know why it happens (sort of).

The correct path should be ../Arduino_STM32/tools/linux64/stm32flash/stm32flash

But I have no idea how to fix it in the deep bowls of Arduino_STM32, so instead, I worked around it.

What I do is install stm32flash

sudo apt install stm32flash

Then manually run the stm32flash using the binary that was just compiled.

Alternatively, use the bld script from the Linux Tools section, and forget the IDE altogether.
Compiles the Blue Pill STM32duino, Blue Pill Arduino_STM32, S6, WeMos and ESP32 SHC.