Re: OnStep up and running!!!

Egge

since I'm not an expert in astronomy, I'm not 100% sure about polar alignment...
first step is a prober aligment of the mount to NCP (using polar scope and an handy app); this works quiete well...

As far as I understood, OnStep also provides a polar alignment - software based?

Do I use the "Align buttons" (green circle) or the "Refine PA" ( yellow circle)?

What are the "Tracking buttons" (blue circles) for?

Unfortunately the described polar align process (wiki / Using Onstep / Alignment / On The Website) is not clear to me. Can someone please describe this more in detail?

thanks
egge