A 3.3K part should be OK. It is not as 'strong' as the 2.2K but much better than the internal 'weak' pullup resistors.

I've never heard of any booting problem to do with the pullup resistors on the ST4 signal lines.

The second set of setting you have (with ON_PULLUP) is correct.

On 2020-10-17 5:12 p.m., Egge wrote:
Basic Hand Controller question...

I also have made a basic hand controller... I did not include the resistor network and used in config.h:
#define ST4_INTERFACE                 ON //
#define ST4_HAND_CONTROL        ON  //

unfortunately the handcontroller does not work...

next step would be introducing the resistor network? will it cause problems if I use it?
I read here <https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/topic/27845886?p=,,,100,0,0,0::Created,,st4pullup,100,2,0,27845886,ct=1&ct=1> that it may cause problems with booting or is this solved?

Unfortunately I have ordered 3.3kOhm (instead of 2.2kOhm)... will it cause problems if the resistance is too high?
in config.h I put:
#define ST4_INTERFACE                 ON_PULLUP
#define ST4_HAND_CONTROL       ON

thanks in advance...