Instein box running OnStep 4.17k

"Guilherme Vênere

Hello

  This is mainly for owners of the Instein box. I think I have succeeded in updating mine to the latest master OnStep 4.17k. It required a few changes to add the Ïnstein pinmap and update some variable names to the 4.xx nomenclature, but i was able to successfully upload the sketch and connect with my SHC (see image)

image.png

I still need to check if the motors are moving correctly, but the issue I found so far is that i'm unable to flash the Wifi module with the latest code. I'm not sure if the changes to OnStep would affect the wifi reflashing, as the box has a switch to flash wifi separately from the main module. I might be doing something stupid there but still need to confirm. When booting normally, the web server respond but i'm getting empty pages every time

If i can fix this issue and confirm everything works with the hardware, i will send a pull request with the changes to Github and Howard can decide what to do, but i'll keep a copy on my Github too.

There's one thing though i don't know how to solve, and i may need help from someone more experienced in programming here. Instein require changes to two pins in HardwareSerial.cpp as mentioned in his custom code:

// - ADITIONALLY YOU MUST MADE A CHANGE on your HardwareSerial.ccp file code lines 10 & 14, this file is usually located on:
//     C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\1.0.1\cores\esp32\HardwareSerial.ccp
//     Change the lines "#define RX1 9" & "#define TX1 10" by "#define RX1 21" & "#define TX1 22" respectively.
//     This change is mandatory for this firmware to work and in this way, OnStep AUX port will work as second serial port an enable
//     a set of conectivity options: aditional wifi, bluetooth or USB, RF Link, ethernet or future serial devices.

Is there a way to overwrite these changes from OnStep code itself to avoid having to mess around with the library files?

Guilherme