Re: 4.21d....Strange Behavior

Martin Bonfiore

I think I may know what the problem relates to.  Specifically, the AXISn_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS_GOTO setting.  When I was having the rapid track problem with 4.21d, I had the:

AXIS1_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS set to 128,
AXIS2_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS set to 128
AXIS1_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS_GOTO set to 4
AXIS2_DRIVER_MICROSTEPS_GOTO set to 4

I just changed both axes GOTO microsteps from = 4 to OFF and the system seems to be behaving.  I undid the change back to GOTO = 4 and the problem returns.  I am not much of a SW guy so I have not tried to figure out what is going on under the hood.

Of course, this may not be a problem in the software itself but rather some interaction with the specifics of my system.  Read: I am not being critical, this may be just me but trying to be helpful.

Also (and this is a very minor observation), when I was testing the GOTO = OFF setting, I changed only the first axis to OFF and left the second axis at GOTO = 4...not by some intent, rather I just forgot to change the second axis.  The compile failed, my guess is that the first OFF setting encountered prevented the availability of the needed SW commands when it encountered the GOTO = 4 on the second axis.  I don't know why anyone would want an OFF setting on the first axis and a different value on the second axis....I stumbled on it by accident.  Again...very very minor.

I will keep testing and report back if something new arises.

Thanks to everyone for their help.