Re: Parts arrived! Time to build

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 04:10 PM, Kevin Whitcomb wrote:
I have some questions before I get started though and one of them is heat dissipation. The heat syncs that came with the stepper motor drivers don't appear to actually make contact with the chip and I was wondering what you guys thought would be a best-practice for fixing that?
Depends on what model of drivers you got.

If they are TMC5160, they don't heat up, so don't worry too much about them.
Put the heat sinks on the MOSFETs next to it, and that should do it.

If they are TMC2130, they do heat up a lot, and need heat sinks, or perhaps
a fan as well.

Or is it another model still?