Re: Help - Astro Physics 1200 - RA Tracking Issue

Curly

Tha AliExpress gt2 pulleys I have ordered have all been shocking. None have had concentric holes so it wouldn’t surprise me that one as large as 100 teeth would be enough to cause the issue.
0.03mm per tooth error is enough to increase the desired diameter by the 5% error in steps we are seeing. I think :)
I am certain from reading Rockmovers previous topics he absolutely knows what he’s doing and I very much doubt it’s a binding or such issue.

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 at 20:22, Howard Dutton <hjd1964@...> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 12:18 PM, Howard Dutton wrote:
The only way the ratio changes (in a significant way) is if the belt/pulley mesh fails.
When I say significant I mean where the change in ratio is > some small fraction of a tooth's worth.