Re: Help - Astro Physics 1200 - RA Tracking Issue

Curly

I understand that non concentric holes will destroy PE and not cause the mount to run slow.
My point is if they can’t put a hole in the middle of the pulley then how can you be sure they are made to any accuracy?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 at 21:48, Howard Dutton <hjd1964@...> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 01:34 PM, Curly wrote:
None have had concentric holes so it wouldn’t surprise me that one as large as 100 teeth would be enough to cause the issue.
Even with this the ratio is still 5:1.

Then sure it would go fast for about 3 minutes then slow for 3 minutes as the 100 tooth pulley rotates, I don't see that causing this in the PHD2 data posted though.  It's consistently slow, not slow then fast then slow etc.