Re: OnStep up and running!!!

Egge

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 11:05 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
Yes, autoguiding is using another camera (often with a separate scope) to tell the mount to move based on centering on a star.
You don't need to use the ST4 port. Most autoguiding software (e.g. PHD2) can send the corrections to the mount over USB, or even WiFi.
Hi Khalid,

thanks again for the good advices... Together with a USB-cam and PHD2 I got perfect autoguiding! Straight forward... and works very well with OnStep.

Shortly I took some pictures from Pleades... still quite poor seeing... and my photo-technique is still beginner level... however I'm very satisfied with the results. These are very small sections from original immage from center of immage... exposure time 220sec; ISO800; left without and right with autoguiding...

great thing! in both cases, polar alignment was the same and definitively not optimum...