Re: OnStep + ESP32 (WemosD2R32) + Motor Shield V3 + Wii Nunchuk

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 11:19 AM, Kedar wrote:

1) How do I power the R32 + CNCv3 combo? Just powering the CNCv3 be sufficient?
    Or I need to power both from the same source with a (hydra) split power cord at 12v?
    I am planning to use 12v nominal (10v -> 14v) Li Ion supply eventually.
    Right now I have a 1.5Amp wall wart to power this @12v.

Yes, a Y cable can be used to power both boards. One branch for each board, from a common
source.

2) There are 4 slots for hooking up the stepper drivers on the CNCv3 named X Y Z & A.
     Which one to use for RA & which one for Dec?
     X for RA, Y for Dec? And the header pins marked "End Stops" for limit switches?

X is Axis1/RA, and Y is Axis2/DEC

3) I suppose I can plug in the LV8729's but not wire up the motors when I attempt the
    first OnStep download to this setup.

Yes.
Before you insert the drivers, set the jumpers for the microstep you will use.