Uploading to MaxESP3

@Northwind

I've built a MaxESP3, based on the ESP-WROOM-32 (Node-MCU), 38-pin board. I got it working with the SHC controller (same board), but the motors would only move if I selected a speed of 8X or slower. I'd like to upload the firmware with a few tweaks, but I can't get it to upload. I'm getting the error message: "A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Invalid head of packet (0x00)". I tried every possible manipulation of the EN button on the board while trying to upload, but always get the same message.

Has anyone run across this before? Any suggestions? I'm getting so close.