Re: Advanced configuration control

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 12:02 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:

It will also enable universal binaries to be placed in the Files area of the Wiki.
There will be no IDE installation needed, no library confusion, ...etc.
We don't need Howard to do it all. Nor one person be burdened with the whole
task: distribute the workload, and it becomes easy. For example, each board can
have one person who uses it and shares their build on the Files section of the Wiki.
Standard Config.h for each board can be used and posted in the same directory
to help those curious (and also a teaching tool).

Whether we do this or not, this change is still a big deal!

Say you are testing the mount for the first time after first flashing the controller.
You notice one axis, or both moving in the wrong direction.
Pull up the web interface, change the "reverse direction"  setting, save, power cycle, and done ...
No need to go edit the Config.h file, put the board in flash mode, compile, upload.

Same for the wrong microstepping value ...

A real time saver ...

Thanks Howard ...