Re: Advanced configuration control

Howard Dutton

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 09:02 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
We can only do this for a select few boards, with only two variations of drivers (LV8729 and TMC SPI drivers [I assume the TMC2130 and TMC5160 are the same code base])
The are different drivers so, no that part wouldn't work.

Some questions:

- On my S6 with the TMC5160, the default IGOTO (same as IRUN) would not work, and I had to set RUN to 675 and GOTO to 850 to make it work.
It would be good to hear if this is a bug, the description is just too vague for me to know.  Do you mean you couldn't optimize as well or it just didn't work.

So maybe we need a separate IGOTO settings too?
Not in 4.x or 5.x, beyond that we'll have to see.

Also keep in mind 5.x will probably be dropped as there is no sense working on it when OnStepX is coming into existence.

The labels can be descriptive "Tracking Current" and "Slewing Current" for better usability.
I don't think it's a good idea to deviate from the Config.h lingo.