Re: Advanced configuration control

Dave Schwartz

For boards that support axis4 you could probably enable the focuser in the config. Since temperature compensation isn't configured, OnStep won't touch the driver other than to enable it at startup and won't spend any cycles on it after - there would just be an ineffective portion on the GUI without the driver. This way, someone can pop in a non-SPI driver in axis 4 and it will just start working and then the parameters can then be tweaked through the web server.

On 2021-02-23 12:02 p.m., Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
Howard,

Thanks for doing this. It has been a long time coming, but worth the wait.

Here is how it looks on my S6 on a Vixen SXD

This will save a lot of time when testing the initial build.
It will also enable universal binaries to be placed in the Files area of the Wiki.
There will be no IDE installation needed, no library confusion, ...etc.

We can only do this for a select few boards, with only two variations of drivers (LV8729 and TMC SPI drivers [I assume the TMC2130 and TMC5160 are the same code base])
The file name will contain the board name, board version, OnStep version, driver, for example:

Binaries/FYSETC_S6/OnStep-5.1u-FYSETC-S6-v2-No-Focuser-TMC5160.bin
Binaries/MiniPCB/OnStep-5.1u-MiniPCB2-No-Focuser-TMC5160.bin
Binaries/FYSETC_S6/OnStep-5.1u-FYSETC-S6-v2-No-Focuser-LV8729.bin
Binaries/MiniPCB/OnStep-5.1u-MiniPCB2-No-Focuser-LV8729.bin

Obviously, we can't cover every permutation possible, such as no-focuser/one-focuser/two-focusers, heaters, and such.
But that is okay, users can start with a basic setup quickly, then dive deeper later.

Some questions:

- On my S6 with the TMC5160, the default IGOTO (same as IRUN) would not work, and I had to set RUN to 675 and GOTO to 850 to make it work. So maybe we need a separate IGOTO settings too? The labels can be descriptive "Tracking Current" and "Slewing Current" for better usability.