Re: Advanced configuration control

Howard Dutton

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 09:39 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
I like 'simple', so when I got the TMC5160 on the S6, I started with just IRUN set to 675, which is the same value that worked with the Vexta NEMA11 18:1 motors for years with the LV8729. In other words, IGOTO was OFF, so default.
The mount would stall when slewing.
So I explicitly set IGOTO to 850, and then slewing worked fine ever since.
So I take it there is no evidence it doesn't work properly, just you couldn't setup exactly as before.

I say the novice who doesn't want to go through all the hoops to upload OnStep the traditional way can live with a single current setting.   In this case they could slow down the slew speed a little and/or kick the current up a notch (perhaps 750mA or whatever.)