Re: Has anyone converted a Celestron Advanced GT ? #celestron

Pedro Miguel Barbosa Moutinho Nunes dos Reis

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 07:36 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
If you have the skill and patience to convert the mount then go for OnStep. You will not regret it.
I'm already converting the EQ3 ;). It is a testbed for this one. I was told that the electronics were probably busted when I bought it.
I'm hoping that this weekend I'll have it ready for the firsts tests. I'm still a bit confused about the protocols to use the kstars, stellarium, etc etc.. but I'll get there :)
Thanks!