Re: Where to put the "resolution"? Pulleys, motors, drivers.. ?

Pedro Miguel Barbosa Moutinho Nunes dos Reis

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 09:49 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
If the motors don't work well at that current, and you need to increase it to 60% or more, the TMC2130 are not suitable.

The TMC5160 does not have heat dissipation issues, and can handle any current, but is more expensive.

Again, both the TMC5160 and TMC2130 need a board that is wired for SPI.
How do I know if the motors don't work well?
A board wired for spi... I was planning to use the Wemos + cnc shield with the protection devices. Besides the resistor cut, do I need to do anything else? I believe that I've read that is enough to plug in the drivers and take out all the jumpers. Am I missing anything?