Re: Where to put the "resolution"? Pulleys, motors, drivers.. ?

Howard Dutton

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 01:49 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
Here it says it can do 1A with heat sinks only, and 1.5A (implies heat sinks not enough? I don't know).
https://onstep.groups.io/g/main/wiki/4464
To maintain 1.5A think giant heatsink (possibly above and below the chip) and fan.  A my Max designs with the entire (fairly large) aluminum case as a passive heat-sink is good for about 1.4A, and heat doesn't scale linearly so another 0.1A is a fair bit more heat to deal with.