Re: MKS Gen-L v2.1- setting microstep jumpers for LV8729

Khalid Baheyeldin

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 05:53 PM, W Maxwell wrote:
Which jumpers do I use to get 128 microsteps on a Mks genl v 2.1 (using LV 8729 drivers)?
Note that with the LV8729, you do not get MICROSTEPS_GOTO, which translates into possibly slow slewing speeds.
Only the TMC2130 and TMC5160 can do that on this board.

But if you don't want to use either, here is a video showing how to do it. It shows the extruder motor, but you do the same to RA and DEC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhlTdTLfaQ0

Does it matter where I put the drivers on the MKS (I'm using two : Ra and Dec)?
Yes, it matters.

X must be RA
Y must be DEC

Also, probably a dumb question, but which of the 3 pins do the jumpers go on (assuming I'm understanding correctly that the pins are actually under where the drivers would be on the board)?
Watch the video. If it is still not clear, ask away ...