Re: Where to put the "resolution"? Pulleys, motors, drivers.. ?

Howard Dutton

On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 12:45 AM, Pedro Miguel Barbosa Moutinho Nunes dos Reis wrote:
Right? I'm going to see those s109 also.
Yes, the TMC2130 and 5160 have the same pin positions for the SPI bus.  Often users go with these boards as opposed to building something to avoid soldering...

Watch the TMC5160 it requires modification of the stepper driver also, they bring out the DCO or CLK pin in such a way that it's not compatible with the typical "StepStick" (this stepper driver form) socket.  That includes this CNCV3.  Again, read the Wiki, there's a section... (read about the TMC2130 and TMC5160 before buying!)

I call out that specific TMC2130 model as it has pins up to plug in jumper leads.  Some come with point to point leads (not good for this) and some come with bus style leads, which is what you want.  Unfortunately those often take the form of kits of four drivers which we don't support (for lack of pins on the ESP32, so no spare pins for CS on axis3 and axis4.)  If you can solder you can instead wire up from under the sockets of the CNCV3 and just plug the drivers in.